Our overarching 2013 goals
I just finished writing the 2013 major goals for the #UMSocial department. Yes, now I have to actually write how we’re going to achieve those goals, but I thought that I would share them, in the interest of openness and also the hope that you’ll share too.
1. Become a thought leader in higher education social media.
2. Be responsive in our actions and empathetic in our reactions.
3. Stay at the forefront of new tools and technology.
4. Serve as a resource for all U-M students, faculty and staff to educate and provide social media tools for success.
5. Facilitate the continuing implementation of the hub and spoke system to optimize social media practices across the university.
6. Combine marketing and communication goals with intellectual research and thinking.
7. Engage in conversations around the Michigan brand wherever we can.
8. Set measurable goals and use current and future data to attain them.
9. Work as an integral part of the overall communications team.
What are you planning for 2013?